5.21.2009

with love and pita:






i had kitchens on the brain lately. i love nothing more than eating, (drinking wine!) cooking and hanging with friends on the weekends.

or any time really.

one of our dear friends happens to be a chef and since i am always hungry, every time we are at their place for dinner - it feels like Christmas to me.

finally, though it can be intimidating to cook for a "chef", i found the courage to whip up a greek meal for them. i figured even a chef probably wants to be fed sometimes.

i had way too many people over for my small space but we all huddled around my tiny dining table and had a (meat) ball - with tzatziki, pita bread and greek salad.

oh, and really good wine.

the only thing that can beat it is being in Greece!

i am still searching for my dream kitchen and until then i figure it’s the process of cooking with friends that will give my kitchen (no matter what it looks like) some soul, not an expensive stove.

Have a great weekend everyone!

aren't these kitchens amazing? i found them here.

even if i had a pantry like that - i can guarantee it wouldn't look this perfect.

12 comments:

Megan {ShabbyBlogs} said...

Wow. Oh my! I could (and did) stare at these photos forever! Can't thank you enough for sharing them. Absolutely divine! :)

Danielle said...

Oh wow. isn't that first picture j ust dreamy!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. I love a big kitchen and the style of these are just amazing. I have a small kitchen since moving into an apartment but it doesn't stop me from cooking and baking(one of my favorite past times) in it.
:D

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

oh Gina, beautiful, sooo beautiful kitchens! I love those framed fruits on the last one! I adore eating {and drinking wine} and hanging with friends {and drinking good wine} any time too! have a wonderful weekend!

Gina@ A bit of whimsy! said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments! They make me smile and i am glad you liked my finds. Happy weekend ( or what's remaining ). Hugs to all of you.
G.

Laura Trevey said...

lovely images... everything is so nice and organized...

have a great weekend ~~

xo Laura

Jaimee McClellan said...

Oh, I'm drooloing over those gorgeous photos! My kitchen is getting there but far from looking like those!

And you are one brave lady to cook for a chef...I'd be so intimidated. I'm sure you did a superb job. You can't go wrong with Greek food. We just went to our local Annual Greek festival yesterday...yum yum yum!

Mariah said...

I want that kitchen

IKABAGS said...

really lovely and cool images , i like so much, tahnks for sharing :))
Feyza

Anonymous said...

so sweet...

Anonymous said...

so sweet...

Anonymous said...

so aweet...