6.21.2009

{one smile at a time}



well it's been a long year, nearly two to be precise! although i have not written about it there is a lingering need to somehow shout if from the roof top and lose the weight of it. (a post on my blog will have to do for now)i have always used writing things down as a therapeutic activity. especially now that the worst part seems to be over. i have been battling a debilitating and sneaky immune disease this past year (and a half)... i've been in and out of doctor's offices more than i can count and i've missed nothing more than being healthy. i've missed waking up with a smile on my face and with a purpose. being able to fully take in the little quirky smile on my daughters face when we play hide'n seek. i have missed being able to do everyday things with my family and friends. and for the past 6 months i have missed being creative, being outdoors and taking pictures, painting, drawing! my shop is aching for new art work.
i do hope this is over for good... i am smiling again {one smile at a time}.

and i swear from now on you will never ever hear me say again "i don't have time" .. you gotta make it!

for the meantime just wanted to say thank you to all those who have been so supportive of my blog and visited despite my infrequent visits to yours!! thank you for your loyalty. sending you lots of love!

.....5-4-3-2-1 ready or not here i come!

{image from here}

14 comments:

R.C. said...

wow, I am glad to hear you will be getting better. Health is something nobody notices untill it is taken away from them :(

Keep up with the optimism and enjoy every moment of your celebrated recovery!

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

oh Gina! it has been a pleasure to visit your blog and found all the beautiful things you share. I could have never imagined you were passing through this. I'm so glad you're getting better! please go on delighting us! xoxo

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Gina, I did not know about your recent health problems. I hope you will be completely healthy very soon. Your blog posts are always filled with so much optimism, hope, beauty and love of life. You are a very special person who deserves the best from life. I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better. I an thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

Sherry said...

Gina, my heart goes out to you. I have had immune disease issues and breast cancer and been the gamut of doctor's offices, treatments and the adjustment to not having good health which I had always probably taken for granted. So I very much "hear" you. While there are things we can't do while we make these adjustments we learn new things and develop new coping mechanisms that we wouldn't have had the opportunity to know otherwise.

May you keep smiling, one day at a time and may your health continue to improve. Sending you many positive and healing thoughts!

Catch Me If You Can said...

Wishing you all well and keeping you in my prayers.

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear that you are doing better. I absolutely adore your blog. Thank you for sharing with us :)

a big fan,
nina

Anonymous said...

I hope everything continues to look up for you :) Good luck with everything!

Geisslein said...

I wish you all all the best and hope that you will feel much more better every day!btw: I enjoy your lovely blog almost everyday and so much - so keep posting and thanks for sharing these nice posts! Sending you a warm hug from germany, geisslein

Sierra said...

Glad you are doing better and that you might have time for some creative juices! Your blog is wonderful. :)

orange sugar home said...

Good luck!! I know how hard it is to put a smile on your face when health troubles you. Maybe this crisis you experienced is something you can help others get through.

praying for your health....

Janie said...

I'm glad to hear you're going better, and I hope you'll be back to a full and healthy life.

Gina@ A bit of whimsy! said...

Hello my dears! thank you all so very much for your beautiful comments. They definitely put a huge smile on my face:-) much love to all of you.

Lori P said...

Sometimes I think we're drawn to things for a reason. I stumbled onto your blog just now for the first time and am happily surprised.

First, it's lovely and I will be a fan. Second, I'm amazed at how many people I'm seeing with immune issues. My daughter has been battling this for 3 years and she's 16! I seem to be drawn to stories like yours and would be interested in hearing what the doctors have found. At any rate, I'm glad you're feeling better and look forward to reading more from you.

P.S. It's extremely therapeutic. I have two blogs and one is expressly for that purpose.

Deepak chhatbar said...

hey nice pics...........a good inspiration who loves photography