2.09.2010

A Painting of Words




I think last year has left me slightly giddy and melodramatic. I have neglected this blog and all of you my dear friends. The truth is, I had a lot of family drama to work through, and health issues that seem to have a direct correlation. I do believe that our physical well being is a direct reflection on our emotional and mental state. If i were actually writing about my personal junk here this will be the last post you will read, and you'll be throwing tomatoes at this blog. So, the turmoil has left its traces but I am better now. Life itself is a string of constant gain and loss, but there is something in painful experiences we are taking with us that is precious.

Coincidentally, i found a book or rather it found me. It is called "The Love Ceiling" by Jean Davies Okimoto. It is a story about the pull between family and creative self-expression. It tells of a woman who finds the courage to confront the toxic legacy of her father, a famous artist and cruel narcissist. I am not finished reading it but i can assure you that anyone who has been wrestling with a difficult father will find inspiration and solace in these lucid pages. It is a painting of words.

I am back here at 'A Bit of Whimsy' for good and owe many of you a visit to your inspirational worlds. Thanks for being a part of mine, thank you also for all your nice comments! I really appreciate every single word!!

{ images: from here }

5 comments:

The Scrappy Tree said...

I love these images!
Hope that your turmoil smoothes itself out soon :)

Geisslein said...

Hey, we´ve missed you! hope you will feel better soon!

Widge said...

Welcome back. I don't care how you talk. talking/writing can be so healing. looking forward to reading your posts more frequently :)

Millie said...

Gina your meaningful words pack quite a punch here. Truth & honesty always win out & you seem to have those in truckloads.
Millie ^_^

Kellie Rigney said...

Gina, WOW. I will get this book FOR SURE! Thank you!!